How To Use Vendor Search in WISDM for SFS AP Transactions
1. On the WISDM Main Menu, click "Vendor" under AP/PO Searches.
2. For search criteria, enter the Vendor Number (Vndr ID), vendor's name or short vendor name, then click "Submit." Here we used "Smith,ke" and "starts with."
Tips for searching by vendor name:
For Individuals and Employees:
- Switch the dropdown to “starts with”
- Format: LAST,<no space>FIRST MI
- For good results, you should enter the last name plus a few letters of the first name. Middle initials are not entered if they are not available.
For companies and organizations:
- Switch the dropdown to “contains”
- Enter in one or two of the key words of the company name
NOTE: You can also use the % character as a wildcard to stand for multiple characters, which can be helpful when searching for companies.
3. After clicking "Submit" you will see a selection of vendors that meet your criteria for that search.
Note: If the W-9 information has been entered in SFS, you will see a "Y" identifier in the WISDM vendor search with the effective date that the W-9 information was entered into the SFS Vendor File. If the indicator and effective date are blank, it means that the W-9 has not been entered into SFS.
4. If a vendor number is found for your payee, you may provide the vendor number on the PIR or Direct Payment Form instead of the U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, EIN, ITIN) by typing the number in the provided vendor number box.
If no vendor number is found, you must continue to provide the U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, EIN, ITIN) until a vendor number is created for your payee. This requires a completed and signed W-9 (W-8BEN for Nonresident Aliens) for tax reportable transactions. Tax reportable payment account codes are posted on the AccountingServices web page at http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/tax/1099tax.pdf. For non-tax reportable transactions you may provide the U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, EIN, ITIN) or only the last four digits of the U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN, EIN, ITIN).