How To Set Up An External Contract Blanket Order
- A Contract Blanket Order is issued to establish an account with
a specific external vendor for the purchase of specified commodities
based on a competitive bid, or for items determined to be exempt from
competition by the authority of a waiver. Please see How To Set Up an External Blanket Order if the items are not covered by a contract or waiver.
- Departments must order only commodities covered by the account code.
There is no dollar limit per release unless stipulated in the referenced
contract, waiver or bulletin.
- Contract Blanket Orders for printing are issued only for departments with delegated authority to purchase printing.
- Request a Contract Blanket Order by completing an external requisition
through the external requisition generator in My UW and routing it through normal approval channels. The contract,
bulletin, or waiver number should be noted in the item description entered on the requisition.
- Contract Blanket Orders are issued for $1.00 in situations where no exact commitment is being arranged, e.g. for "as needed" purchases. Specific commitments within the SFS Account Code ranges listed below can be issued for the full amount of the commitment.
Account Code Description 2200, 2201, 2210, 2230, 2260, 2270, 2271, 2620 - 2625, 2626, 2630, 3700, 6160, 7327, 7328 Services 2300, 2305, 2320, 2625, 2330, 2335, 2340, 2345, 2350, 2355, 2360, 2370, 2410, 3810 Rental/leases 2460, 2480, 2630 Maintenance contracts
3840, 3845, 3910 Grant Sub-agreements
- The Contract Blanket Order may be issued for a maximum period of 12 months. Departments should not place a release prior to the beginning date or after the expiration date of the Contract Blanket Order, the contract, the bulletin, or the waiver.
- General Program Revenue (GPR)
funded by 101 through 119 or 150, must expire at the end of the fiscal year, June 30. Any other funding source may overlap fiscal
years but may not exceed 12 months or the ending date of the funding
Please contact Purchasing Services with any questions.