How To Handle a Vendor Non-Performance Complaint

Complaints or problems with a contract or a vendor should be reported to Purchasing Services.

The department should contact the vendor when a problem arises and attempt to resolve the problem.

If a satisfactory resolution to the problem cannot be reached, the department should process a Complaint Report. Provide as detailed an explanation of the problem or complaint as possible and e-mail the Complaint Report to the appropriate Purchasing Agent of that commodity area.

The Purchasing Agent will investigate, take action, and provide a written, detailed report to the department of any actions taken.