How To Become Authorized to Drive University or State-owned Vehicles

  1. Faculty and staff must complete a Vehicle Use Agreement. Students must complete the Student/Volunteer/LTE Driver Authorization form. This form provides necessary information to allow us to review the driver’s DMV record and complete the authorization process.
  2. Drivers also indicate that they have read and understand the State Fleet Policies.
  3. Once approved to drive, employees will be listed on the Approved Driver Database.
  4. If not approved, the requesting department will receive an e-mail rejection from the Risk Management office.

For more information on this topic, see