Purchasing Information Inquiry
The Purchasing Information Inquiry allows users to search the purchasing system database for purchase order, requisition, vendor, and commodity code information, including requisition tracking information and Department PDF copies of POs. This link will open the application in a new window.
- To lookup POs and requisitions for your department, use the "Search Purchase Orders/Requisitions" link and enter your Department ID and/or Project to find orders of interest.
- To find individual POs and associated information (including payments and Department pdf copies of POs), use the "Specific Purchase Order Lookup" link and enter the PO number.
- To find/print Department PDF copies of POs, use the "Search Purchase Orders/Requisitions" or "Specific Purchase Order Lookup" link. Click the check box that appears to the left of your POs in the search results grid and choose the “Click here for a PDF file of all selected POs” link to obtain a PDF version of the Department copy of your PO to print or save.
- To track requisitions, choose the "Specific Requisition Status Lookup" link and enter the requisition number. The log will show when your requisition was last updated in the requisition generator, when the paper copy was received in Purchasing, where/if the paper copy was further routed for approvals, and once processed will show the detail information from the requisition.
- To find the PO's encumbrance balance, status (open or closed), and expenses from WISDM, use the "Remaining Encumbrance Status Tool" link and enter the PO number.
Related How-To Pages and Documentation:
- Finding Information about your Purchase Orders (POs) and Requisitions - Instructional documentation with screenshots detailing how to find PO information using the Purchasing System Inquiry and WISDM, including finding Department PDF copies of POs and using the Remaining Encumbrance Status Tool.
- See How to Obtain a Department Copy of a Purchase Order or view the printable version with screenshots for step-by-step instructions.
- See How To Track the Path of an External Requisition or view the printable version with screenshots, for more information on tracking requisitions.
- Searching for Requisitions in the External Requisition Generator - In the External Requisition Generator, to find requisitions that have not yet been processed, choose “Click here to search for Requisitions not yet processed by Purchasing Services” near the bottom of your screen. This search can also be used to find any unprocessed CORs for your division and/or department.
- See How To Find the Encumbrance Balance and Status (Open or Closed) of a Purchase Order (PO) or view the printable pdf version with screenshots, for more information on Finding Encumbrance Balances, PO Status, and Information for Encumbrance Management Forms.