***ATTENTION: MDS made changes in March 2017 to the MDS portion of the Pre-Allocation Tool (PAT). Users must be authorized before they are given access to use the tool. If you require access please contact Shop@UW Customer service directly at (608) 497-4400 or email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, NetID, and MD# to ensure efficient processing of your request.***
Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT)
Not sure how to use the PAT Tool? Visit our User Guides/How To page for step-by-step instructions.
UW-System campuses can use the Pre–Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) to change or split the funding for procurements from Shop@UW before they are posted to the Shared Financial System (SFS). Shop@UW will post all transactions for each Shop@UW account in PAT on a nightly basis. Department representatives may then login to PAT and adjust/allocate the funding for those transactions. On the third business day of the following month at noon, transactions will be locked and further changes will not be allowed within PAT. The adjusted transactions will then post to SFS and be viewable in WISDM the next day.
How Does This Affect Campuses?
The benefits of the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool are:
- Reduce the need to do corrective non-salary cost transfers (NSCTs) for many transactions by reallocating and changing funding before posting transactions to SFS.
- Allow a transaction to easily be split to multiple funding sources just like using a procurement card.
- Help reduce the number of Shop@UW accounts that a department needs to manage.
- Help reduce the need to submit funding changes via the MD number change forms.
- Update the way Shop@UW transactions are posted to, and viewable in WISDM.