Need An Account?
PPT Slides from Past Training
Review the Shop@UW Tips
Dell Updates on Computer Bundles
The Dell standard configuration bundles on Shop@UW was refreshed on Tuesday, April 11. There is one significant change to the standard bundles: Intel’s new Kaby Lake chipsets, which the new bundles are based on, only support Windows 10+. Prior generation bundles will continue to be available for the time being for those departments that require Windows 7 and 8, but it is unknown how much longer those systems will be in production and available. Please review the linked KB article for more information on the new chipsets and bundles.
The Shop@UW Dell bundles page will have many systems visible while both generations of systems are available. The newest, Windows 10-only systems should appear at the top of the page. It may be helpful to click the "View All" button to see all systems available, especially if you are looking for the older models. If you find that the preferred systems do not meet your needs, Dell’s full catalog is available under the "Shop" button in the blue banner at the top of the page.
Changes made to MDS Portion of the Pre-Allocation Tool (PAT)
MDS made changes in March 2017 to the MDS portion of the Pre–Allocation Tool (PAT). Users must be authorized before they are given access to use the tool. If you require access please contact Shop@UW Customer service directly at (608) 497-4400 or email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, NetID, and MD# to ensure efficient processing of your request.
Are You Prepared for Fiscal Year End 2017?
As we approach Fiscal Year End 2017 you will need to be aware of important deadlines for year-end processing.
June 16, 2017
- All purchases made through Shop@UW and the MDS Verona warehouse must be placed by end of business day on June 16, 2017, to ensure that the charges are applies to FY17 funding.
- Please keep in mind that even if orders are placed by June 16, any potential back–orders may be delayed and could be billed in FY18.
- Orders placed after June 16, 2017, may or may not be billed to FY17 depending on product receipt date and potential back–order status.
June 17-June 26, 2017
- The billing period for orders placed between these dates is dependent on when the Shop@UW vendor sends the invoice to MDS. We will do our best to apply them in FY17.
June 26, 2017
- All orders must be physically received by the customer and invoiced by the Shop@UW vendors by the end of the business day on June 26, 2017, in order to be applied to funding in FY17.
June 27-30, 2017
- Orders invoiced between these dates will be applied to FY18.
June 29, 2017
- Cut-off for Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) will be at 10:00 AM — please note this is different from the standard NOON deadline.
- Shop@UW accounting will transmit all the campus billing files to SFS after 10:00 AM on June 29, 2017, and they will be applied to FY17. You will be able to view these transactions in WISDM after July 1.
Any questions related to these dates please contact Shop@UW accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 497-4400.